- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it is yours.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much as part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to learn.
- "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here".
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate some thing about another person unless it reflects to you something that you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is your choice.
- The answers you seek to life's questions lie inside of you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all of this.
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Rules for Being Human