Poetry from FinlandThe Finish tax agency wants all business to use electronic filing for their tax returns. To encourage this behavior, they wrote the following poem (as translated by Reuters):
Pencil and eraser,
No longer a racer.
Electronic is in - a clear win!
Come and experience,
Drop your resilience!
|CREDIT: REUTERS/CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES/HANDOUT VIA REUTERS|
A New Macroscelides micus (or Elephant Shrew)I could bore you with the details of this discovery, but there are really only two important facts about this that you need to know.
- There are still more forms of life for us to discover. The time for discovery continues.
- Elephant shrews are completely adorable!
Okay, so number 2 is an opinion, not a fact. But here are some cool facts about our newly discovered mammal:
- Third shrew species discovered in the past 10 years
- Smallest known species of elephant shrew
- Not a rodent, because shrews lack the large front teeth, but
- Is a insectivorous mammal
- Not related to true shrews
- More closely related to actual elephants
- Live 2.5 to 4 years in the wild
- Live in monogamous pairs
- Only live in Africa
Alleged Burglar Caught via Facebook
Nicholas Wig, 26, of Minnesota get the Idiot of the Week award. While robbing a house, Mr. Wig logged into his Facebook account, and left it connected. Then, the police found Mr. Wig wearing the stolen watch and carrying the stolen iPhone as if they belonged to him.
I don't know what to say to Mr. Wig, except he might want to contemplate a career change into something a little less intellectually demanding.