Greetings from Monday
Hello. I apologize for not posting last week at all and rather randomly the week before. I've had the flu with some complications, so I decided to save you for my ill ramblings. While I recovered and recuperated, I played a lot of Sid Meier's Civilization V on Steam, since this was the most complex task I could do. I learned a lot playing this game, which I will share with you now:
- It's important to help the people in your life with happiness. This does not mean that you are responsible for another person's happiness, only that you should do your best to not impede their progress towards happiness.
- Culture helps you grow.
- Some people pretend to be your friend only so long as it suits them. Then they stab you in the back.
- Some people honestly don't like you. But they tend not to stab you in the back.
- Being too aggressive only gets you trouble.
- Being too passive also gets you trouble.
- Being Goldilocks is usually the best course of action.
- Battleships are awesome...
- ... but still not as awesome as Stealth Bombers.
- Don't start a war unless you can win.
- Even then, sometimes it's best not to start the war.
- Be fair when you trade.
- Winning by brawn is more expensive than winning through brains.
- Sometimes you win just by hanging in there until the end.