As 2016 rages on, with climate change, the weirdest/longest/meanest/stupidest presidential election, the Syria war, refugee crisis, overly eager police shooting people, ISIS attacks, terrorist attacks in Europe, ... To be brutally honest, I have avoided blogging lately because it's just too damn depressing to look at the news. Or even glance out of the corner of my eye at the news.
I even refuse to turn on NPR unless I'm certain it's not a news program.
So I did a bit of introspection and gave myself a pep talk,
"Kathryn, just because 2016 sucks doesn't mean you can't write a blog. You like finding the quirky and/or happy news for Fridays. Just find something other than the regular crap to discuss the rest of the week."I decided that I'm going to try a new blogging schedule:
- Monday: Odds & Ends - I recently joined a site called Imzy, where I started a writing community/personal blog. In it, I discuss interesting factoids and other food for plot bunnies.
- Tuesday: Review Day - I will review books, movies, video games, T.V. shows,...
- Wednesday: Wordless Wednesday
- Thursday: The Grecian Gambit - My daughter loves all things Greek, especially stories about Greek gods. One day, we discussed a fun story about a writer accidentally calling/conjuring a Greek god. This is that story, written one part at a time.
- Friday: Freaky Friday News