Inez Patterson is my husband's Mom. She was a character, from all accounts, who worked hard at being both a good person and a great mother. Inez cooked dinners at home virtually every day, and my dear husband introduces us to various dishes from his childhood from time to time. Last Saturday, he went to the kitchen with our daughter and whipped up a favorite of his - zucchini bread. I was at the writing conference, and I came home to a wonderfully smelling house with even more wonderfully tasting bread. I loved it so much, I decided to share the recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
Inez's Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c. Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 c. Sugar
- 2 c. Grated zucchini (from 2 medium-sized zucchinis)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c. Raisins
- 1 c. Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 13"x9"x2" dish or a loaf pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.
- Add everything else in and mix together. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture into the dish or loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center springs back.